Clearing out a closet is arduous work, but it feels so good to make room.
Today, spend one hour going through your clothes. As you consider each piece, ask yourself:
- Does it currently fit? (Be honest.)
- Do you actually wear it? (Be honest.)
- Do you love it or, if not, is it truly useful?
- Even if you love it, is it in such bad shape that you ought to get rid of it anyway?
- How many items like this do you own?
- Does it fill a need that no longer exists? This can be hard to admit, so press yourself.
Once you have completed this task, get the discarded items out of your house. Don’t store them in the garage or wait for the perfect person to donate too. Get. Rid. Of. It. Take it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army and bless someone else. You’ll be glad you did!
**Source: Gretchen Rubin 21 Day Outer Order, Inner Calm Challenge