Ever start your day with an unexpected argument, followed by dog diarrhea on your shoe and hand? Yeah… that was my morning. 😖
It was a gorgeous day, blue skies and perfect temperature. I got plenty of sleep. Had my coffee and a good workout. Then, 👊🏻 💥. A big ol 💩 in my sunshiny day.
I was faced with 2 choices:
1. Stay mad and stomp around all day, making a mental note of everything that is currently pissing me off.
2. Shake it off and CHOOSE not to let it define the rest of my day.
So how do you make that mental downshift? There are several things that come to mind, but here are a few of my favorites:
1. Pray. Pray until you have truly let it go. God’s got this! He knows how you’re feeling. Ask him to take it- and then just let it go. Life is too short to stay mad. 🙏🏻
2. Go outside and get some fresh air. Notice the colors and sounds of nature. Take deep breaths. 🐝
3. Eat something healthy 🥗 Focus on the delicious taste and enjoy doing something loving for your body. Give your brain and body an energy boost.
4. Exercise! Get a good sweat on! On man, and really put your frustration into it. Or, do some nice stretching or yoga. 💆🏻
5. Listen to your favorite music. 🎶 Sing out loud!
Most importantly, remember that everyone has bad days. A tiff is not the end of the world. You are not the sum total of what people say you are. You are AMAZINGLY AWESOME! 🎉 Own it!!
As for my day, I washed the poop off my shoes and hands. Took a nice shower and prayed. (The shower is a great place to pray in private) And then I wrote it down here for you, so that maybe what I experienced could be an encouragement. ❤️✌🏻😃
Don’t let anyone steal your joy!